I pick Gran Canaria to win in the home game against Unicaja Malaga because:
- for the first time this season, Gran Canaria stayed in the Canarian Islands for an entire week. They played in Santa Cruz de Tenerife (57 km distance) last week and then at home. As I told you before in another article, the main problem of this team was the long trips in Euroleague which made the players too tired to face games in both competitions. Till now Gran Canaria had almost an NBA schedule and huge distances to make. Now they have rested a bit this week.
- Gran Canaria has a new coach, one of the best in Spain, Pedro Martinez
- Unicaja Malaga is a tough opponent but in the last days, they travelled a lot, going to Berlin to face Alba in Eurocup and now back to Gran Canaria. These distances are huge and Unicaja spent too many hours on the road which will affect a lot their game.
- Gran Canaria is desperate to win all the remaining games in Spanish League because they are close to the bottom of the rankings. Last year with a similar roster they have reached Liga ACB semifinals.
- The Canarian squad is coming after 2 important victories (before they had 14 losses in a row in ACB and Euroleague) and it seems they are bringing back the winner mentality.
Gratian Cormos, firstname.lastname@example.org
Betting tips: Gran Canaria to win vs. Unicaja Malaga