Today will be the last game of the round in VTB League and Khimki travelled to the “coldest” basketball club, Enisey Krasnoyarsk. I think Khimki won’t score over 93.5 points in this encounter because:
- Thursday they will have to face Panathinaikos in Euroleague and even if the Greek club is not in their glory days, they will fight every game, making many problems for the opponents. Winning the Euroleague encounter is more important for Khimki than scoring a lot of points against the poor Enisey.
- Khimki is not in their best moment, they lost the first 2 games of the new season in VTB League and they didn’t score too many points: only 67 at home against Zenit Sankt Petersburg and 85 at Nizhny Novgorod.
- Probably Khimki will be again without Alexey Shved, their main scorer and this complicates a lot the things in the offense for the Russian powerhouse. Till now there was nobody who assumes his leadership’s role when he is injured.
- There is no point for the Euroleague squad to force themselves to overscore in this game, a normal win it will be enough. Enisey Krasnoyarsk is not a strong opponent, maybe the same level as Nizhny Novgorod, so there is no need for Khimki to smash them making scoring records.
- It is a long journey of almost 5 hours of flight from Moscow to Krasnoyarsk and then, later, after the game 5 hours back to Moscow. This could tire enough Khimki and all they want is to save energy in order to be fresh before the Euroleague’s debut against PAO.
Gratian Cormos is a life coach, writer and mentor living in Barcelona, Spain. He is the author of the book “How to bet on basketball” available here for only 11 euros. For the passionate bettors, he created a Telegram channel where you can subscribe in order to receive ALL the betting tips that he makes.