In some league, the season will resume sooner or later. The basketball activities will start again and the betting websites will open their lines in order to make money.
And this will be exactly the moment when professional bettors will have an important advantage in front of the house. Why? Because the bookmakers will try to create as usually the sharpest possible odds but their edge should be a bit wrong. They work in this field but the never been better than professional bettors. During the season, their odds are adjusted by the system and by the amount of money and this is always the big thing in favour of the house. What is new now, at the restarting of the season? For the first 2-3 rounds, the odds won’t be real, because no bookmaker has all the information about:
- which players have left the teams. There are teams where many players are gone, while others have exactly the same rosters before the Coronavirus outbreak.
- the impact on the court of each missing player. Only the info that 2 or 3 players are left the team doesn’t mean a lot if you cannot understand the true implications of their absence.
- the proportion of the financial crisis that will weaken some squads. Not all of the clubs will be affected in the same way, some of them still have enough money to be title contenders, while others are drowning.
- the motivation of the basketball organizations will be different: some of them are already resigned with this season, while other clubs are increasing their chances to reach playoffs, semifinals and the final act.
- the age and the physical shape of the players. Some squads have a couple of older or out of shape fellows and after two months of almost doing nothing, they will be more affected and the recovery will take more time.
Definitely, when the season will resume, the professional bettors have to take advantage of the betting market and hit big in the first rounds till the odds will be adjusted by the houses.