A good shooter from the 3 point line has around 40% in the game. But today we will see the best of the best at this category: those guys that have at least 50% field goal from the arc in Basketball Champions League. Actually there are 4 players with exactly 50% and only one has a better percentage than them.
5. Kyle Weaver – in 12 games played for the Polish squad of Polski Cukier Torun, the American veteran had 16 from 32 from the 3 point line for 50%
4. Muhammed Baygul – with the same percentage, but with more shots made, the Turkish shooting guard from Turk Telekom Ankara is one of the best proof of the homegrown players’ strategy in his country. He has made 20 from 40 three-pointers attempted this season in 15 games, in the European competition.
3. Marco Spissu – another local product, this time from Italy. He scored 32 from 64 from the arc for Dinamo Sassari, being the right player on the right spot many times in those 16 games played in BasketballCL.
2. Guy Pnini, the ex-Euroleague player of Maccabi Tel Aviv came with huge experience and a good hand to join Hapoel Holon. The Israeli player has made 33 from 66 attempted from the 3 point line in 13 games played this season.
1. Malachi Richardson is Guy Pnini’s teammate from Hapoel Holon. He is a young shooting guard with a big potential that can grow a lot during the next season. But I doubt that his percentage can grow because it is already huge: 52% from the arc with 13 from 25. He had the best stats at this category but at the same time, we have to admit that he played only 8 games, shooting less than the other fellows from this rankings. Maybe if he will shoot more in the future, his percentage will decrease a bit, but still, he is a sharpshooter.
Photo: Basketball Champions League