Drawing fouls was always an important skill especially in the critics moments of the game when you need one to go to the free-throw line in order to seal the victory or to end a quarter. Here we have the list of the best 10 players in Euroleague’s history at this category:
10. Keith Langford, for many years the best scorer of the Euroleague with an impressive average, the American guard is the only one who has over 5 fouls drawn per game, actually almost 6 (5.81). The only problem is that he played only 143 games in the competition, accumulating a total of only 831.
9. Marcus Brown who played almost everywhere in Europe from Unicaja Malaga to CSKA, Maccabi Tel Aviv or Zalgiris has 879 fouls drawn in his career.
8. Ante Tomic is still playing with FC Barcelona and he can improve his stats in the years to come. Currently, he has 890 units at this range.
7. The next one is the Slovenian guard Jaka Lakovic, Euroleague champion with FC Barcelona, having 917 fouls drawn during his career.
6. Nando de Colo has a great chance to reach the second spot in this rankings because he still can play some years in the competition. Now, he has 925 at this category.
5. Paulius Jankunas, the Lithuanian veteran is almost at the end of his career with Zalgiris Kaunas. Til now he was fouled 973 times.
4. Dimitris Diamantidis needed only 2 fouls drawn to reach 1000, but anyway he remains one of the top guys at almost any category in the Euroleague’s history.
3. Another legendary figure, Juan Carlos Navarro who spent his entire career with the Azulgrana squad has 1203 fouls drawn.
2. The second Spaniard in our top ten is Felipe Reyes who still wants to play at his age. Even so, he has no chance to dethrone the no. 1 at this category. Currently, Reyes has 1302 fouls drawn.
1. The Euroleague scorer king, Vassilis Spanoulis is headlining as well the top of fouls drawn with amazing numbers: 1514 and maybe he will still play next seasons too which will make his record even more difficult to break in the near future.