BasketballCL is suspended until further notice like all the other European competitions. But till now it was a good season, the fourth and maybe the best of it on any chapters. Basketball Champions League had a visible growth this year on quality of the squads involved, audience and many other details. Today we will review the most efficient players of the entire competition arrived at the playoffs.
5. Zeljko Sakic had an amazing season with the Lithuanians of Lietkabelis, being eliminated only now in the playoffs by the Spanish powerhouse, Casademont Zaragoza. The Croatian center averaged 18.8 units per game at the index rate. The same efficient had as well Howard Sant-Roos but in only 10 games, before he left AEK Athens to join CSKA Moscow.
4. Tyler Stone was one of the surprises in the competition, leading Brindisi to good season. They didn’t qualify for the BasketballCL playoffs but he did his best to help the Italian side with 19.4 efficiency value per game.
3. A bit better is another American guard, Chris Wright, who was together with Tony Wrotten the leader of the Polish team, Torun. Wright averaged 19.6 per game at the index rate category, being one of the clutchest players in Basketball Champions League this season.
2. The giant from Turk Telekom made history în the European competition this year, being almost impossible to defend by the opponents. Only by a constant double team on him, you could reduce his unbelievable numbers. He had 20.5 index rate in 16 games played for the Turkish squad, qualified in the quarterfinals of the BasketballCL, exactly before the Coronavirus outbreak in Europe.
1. Last year he impressed a lot with the same team, Hapoel Jerusalem, but this season has been even more spectacular for TaShawn Thomas. The American forward is without a doubt the most efficient player of the entire competition, giving them a good chance to reach the Final 4, if there will any. Thomas is averaging 21.3 units at the efficiency and he contribute a lot to qualify Hapoel Jerusalem to the quarterfinals of the BasketballCL.
Photo: Basketball Champions League