Shooting free-throws with a high percentage is very important in modern basketball where the difference can be made in the last seconds of the game with a smart foul. Players with a good hand from the free-throw line can be vital in difficult moments providing golden opportunities for their team. In this article, we will review the best free-throw shooters in Euroleague history by percentage. We took into consideration only guys that have at least 100 games played in this European competition.
5. Jaycee Carroll – in 243 games, the American sniper that played only for Real Madrid his entire career, made 276 from 304 free-throws for 90.79%
4. Janis Stelnieks – in terms of games played the Latvian reached only 131, but if everything goes fine he will continue to play in the Euroleague for a couple of years. Till now he has 209 free-throws made from 230 attempted for a percentage of 90.87%.
3. Luigi Datome – with his new team Armani Olimpia Milano, the Italian legend could improve his stats that are already impressive. In 204 games played in the Euroleague till now, he made 248 from 272 free-throws for 91.18%.
2. Sarunas Jasikevicius – the Lithuanian hero, now the head coach of FC Barcelona, winner of 4 Euroleague titles is the second all-time at percentage from the free-throw line, having 548 made from 594 attempted in 226 games for 92.26%
1. Nando de Colo – the French guard’s accuracy at all-around shooting is impressive. He is dominating the stats at many chapters and is the best free-throw shooter in the Euroleague history. His percentage is simply amazing and almost impossible to be beaten in the near future. Till now he has 94.01% with 769 free-throws made from 818. With some years left to play, it remains to be seen if Nando de Colo could dethrone Vassilis Spanoulis at total free-throws made. Currently, the Greek legend has 1093 made from 1392 but he is near to the end of his career.