After providing the surprise of hammering Real Madrid on Sunday in Liga Endesa, Casademont Zaragoza cannot feel fear anymore this season in front of their future opponents from Basketball Champions League. They are back in shape, having a complete roster and seem ready to win. Especially this round against the visitors from Brindisi. I pick Zaragoza for an easy victory because:
- Happy Casa Brindisi have lost one of their centers, Bogdan Radosavljevic who joined the German powerhouse, Alba Berlin
- The main scorer and the engine of the Italian squad, Adrian Banks travelled these days to the United States due to his son’s birth, missing the game against Dolomiti Energia Trento in the domestic league. He probably will join the team directly in Spain to face Zaragoza, but, without a doubt, he will be a bit tired and out of shape after such a long trip. The American guard is averaging almost 21 points, 4.6 rebounds and 5 assists per game, being the true leader of the team.
- Tecnyconta Zaragoza has the best morale now after the astonishing win against Real Madrid. They are far from that weak moment when Falco-Szombathely almost beat them in Spain a couple of weeks ago. The Spanish couple Jonathan Barreiro and Rodrigo San Miguel is back from injuries and can provide a larger quality rotation.
- Since the addition of Dylan Ennis who is replacing the injured Renaldas Seibutis, Zaragoza is looking more offensive and they have now one of the most complete rosters in BasketballCL, where they aim to reach the Final 4. Their only absence is the veteran center Fran Vasquez.
- Casademont Zaragoza is needing this victory to advance in the group, coming closer to a qualification spot and this game against Happy Casa Brindisi is vital, because the Italian team is a direct competitor for the Basketball Champions League playoff race.