Today, Tsmoki-Minsk will host U-Banca Transilvania in one of the most important clashes in Fiba Europe Cup. One day before, we spoke a bit with Tsmoki player, Aliaksandr Pustahvar who had previous experience in the Romanian basketball league.
– What do you think about the Fiba Europe Cup level this season?
– Fiba Europe Cup level is good this year, having 32 skilled teams at the start of the regular season. A lot of strong squads, from different countries, including many champions of their National Leagues.
– Some people, including myself, are seeing U-Banca Transilvania among the title contenders in this European competition, together with Pinar Karsiyaka and Enisey Krasnoyarsk. What’s your opinion about?
– U-Banca Transilvania made a good team this year, a lot of quality players with big experience. They start the season very well in Romanian League and in Fiba Europe Cup also. So it will be interesting how they will continue because in the top 16 there are many good teams.
– I know that you played in Romania too. What are the differences between basketball in Belarus and Romania?
– Tsmoki-Minsk is playing in VTB league, against top Russian teams and few teams from other countries. So, our league is very strong. Romanian league is also interesting, with many good players and 3-4 teams fighting for the title.
– Which are your favorite players from Fiba Europe Cup?
– There are many good players in Fiba Europe Cup. But my favorites are playing in Tsmoki-Minsk :))
– What can we do to grow the love for basketball in Europe and to have more fans at every game like in the USA?
– Very good question. I think we need to start with the kids, from schools. To give them this love for the game and big interest for basketball in general. Then, they will bring this to the family and they will share it. Also, we need to put more games and shows about basketball and the local League on TV. To show people a lot of information about local teams and players.
– Thank you!
– You’re welcome!
Photo: Fiba Europe Cup