Despite the huge odd (4.00), Herbalife Gran Canaria has a good chance to smash Iberostar Tenerife. And here are the reasons why:
- Even if the game will take place in Tenerife, the host team will be as well tired because they have made a long trip to Patras in Greece to play against Promitheas in Basketball Champions League, earlier this week.
- Iberostar Tenerife has lost against Promitheas with 69-57, so next week, in the second leg of the BCL playoffs they will try to remove the deficit if possible. That’s why they have to slow down the engine in Liga ACB for this game against Gran Canaria
- The Euroleague team is resigned with their participation in the continental competition and they will focus now on the Spanish League where they are on the 16th spot.
- Gran Canaria has a deeper roster and is far from being a bad team. Just the long trips in Euroleague made them having so bad results in both competitions. They have the capacity to beat the most of Liga ACB teams when they will finish the Euroleague season.
- If you have any doubts about the comparison between the 2 Canarian teams, just made a simple exercise: ask yourself if Gran Canaria would win at Promitheas this week? I think yes! And Tenerife was smashed with 12 points margin, scoring a low 57 points!
What I want to say is this battle is more balanced then the odds show it. It’s actually 60% for Gran Canaria and 40% for Iberostar Tenerife. At odd 4,00 you have to pick it!
Gratian Cormos, email@example.com